LinkedIn usage is growing exponentially every week. Whether your focus is on B2B or B2C marketing, LinkedIn has a lot to offer your company. That being said: a strategic approach is key. The larger your budget, the more opportunities are available to you – at least if you know what you’re doing.
LinkedIn: So much more than a recruiting tool
The role of LinkedIn has changed dramatically over the past few years. While LinkedIn was originally designed as a recruitment tool through which you could upload your resume or search for new job applicants, those are no longer the only reasons to check out the website or download the app.
LinkedIn has become the single most comprehensive business platform in the world, through which you can still reach out and find new employees – but that’s just one of its features. LinkedIn is also where many people first learn about your brand and how they continue to stay connected with your business long after. You can generate high-quality leads with LinkedIn through targeted ads and marketing campaigns to reach very specific professional groups.
A strategic approach on LinkedIn is essential
Just as how the role of LinkedIn has changed and the opportunities on the platform are ever-increasing, it is also becoming more and more important to approach LinkedIn with a clear strategy. As you learn to use the platform, you’ll discover that there are a lot of decisions to be made: how to build your ad campaigns, which variables to choose depending on your target audiences – even the decision between posting text or video must be carefully considered if you want to achieve the best results.
LinkedIn: The only platform of its kind
“Why should we invest in LinkedIn? We already have a successful Facebook account!” It’s true that you can only spend each penny once, but there are plenty of reasons why LinkedIn deserves the lion’s share of your social media budget:
- Extremely specific target groups: There are numerous variables that allow you to specify your target groups, variables that other social media channels can only dream of: professional groups, company sizes, company names, management levels, and more.
- High conversion rate: If you want to generate leads through your social media channels, then LinkedIn is undoubtedly the best platform for your business.
- Made for B2B, B2C and B2E: Whether you want to reach new clients or cultivate your brand’s image as a sustainable employer, LinkedIn is a hub for all of your audiences: B2B, B2C, or B2E.
Quick tip for LinkedIn: Avoid a commercial overload
If there’s one piece of advice that we can leave you with, it’s this: Don’t just push your brand’s content on LinkedIn! Share stories, post photos, be engaging and tell the world who you are! Most importantly, have fun and don’t try to be too commercial – the rest will take care of itself!
How can we support you in your LinkedIn journey?
We like to start with a LinkedIn workshop to work out who you really are as a company, where your LinkedIn challenges lie and which strategy best fits your needs. But that’s just the beginning, we can also support you in:
- Determining your key business values, as these will form the basis of your LinkedIn strategy.
- Developing a structured LinkedIn strategy.
- Analyzing your data to create content that is perfectly tailored to your target audience.
- Ad campaign setup and optimization
- Corporate influencer research and handling
- …and more!
Becoming a driving voice on LinkedIn? Challenge accepted!
At Macaw, we love challenges. Drop us a message and let us know if we can help you become a leading example on LinkedIn. Do you have any other questions about social media marketing and/or influencer marketing? Take a look here. We hope to hear from you soon!