Vacancy: Lead Test Engineer
Location: From home, from one of our offices in Hoofddorp, Barendrecht, and on-site with our customers (when possible)
Hours: 32 – 40
Technology drives our passion, and innovation is at the heart of Macaw culture. Embrace the ever-changing landscape of the test world, where opportunities abound in test automation and agile testing. As our Lead Test Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the test strategy for our clients.
What do you do as a Lead Test Engineer?
As a Lead Test Engineer you help to further expand our international Test discipline. You help set up the Test Strategies both with customers and internally and you further expand our Test Solutions. Our focus on Testing will only grow in the coming years. You will be able to make an important contribution to our growth ambitions within the international team. This team builds automated test suites that test the quality of the delivered projects at our customers.
Regression is no longer an issue, because your pursuit of optimal efficiency ensures that the software continues to function correctly. You advise customers on how (automatic) testing can be improved, but you also help write tests to support users in performing their tests. Because of your agile way of working you are flexible and you work transparently and confidently towards a high-quality result.
What can you expect from Macaw?
We offer a complete package of employment conditions, including:
- a competitive salary
- 29 vacation days
- a beneficial pension scheme
- a room for your work-life balance
- the space to further shape your role
- compensation for a home workplace
- a study budget to take your career to the next level
What we’re looking for in a Test Engineer:
- 3 years of test automation experience
- Experience with test automation tooling, preferably Playwright
- Knowledge of Azure, Azure DevOps, and Dev tools
- Experience with Specification by Example and Gherkin
- Experience with Agile (Scrum and Kanban)
- Pre: to be familiar with Accessibility (A11y) testing
- Pre: ISTQB or T-MAP certifications
- Completed HBO/WO education
- Fluent communication in English and preferably Dutch
- Willingness to take ownership of challenges and successes