Vacancy: Cloud (DevOps) Engineer
Location: At one of our Macaw offices (Hoofddorp, Barendrecht or Apeldoorn), from home and at our customers (when possible again)
Number of hours: 32 – 40 hours
With your knowledge of Azure, you create a solid, secure and scalable Cloud foundation for our customers. Curious how?
What you do as a Cloud (DevOps) Engineer
Macaw’s Cloud (DevOps) Engineer form a close group of professionals who work together to create the best Cloud foundations in a no-nonsense setting. We work for (international) customers and support them in improving the stability, availability and security of their Azure infrastructure.
As a Cloud Engineer you solve issues in the field of automation, security and management. You realize various IaaS and PaaS environments and work with your team in the Azure DevOps tooling, under the supervision of a Product Owner or (Agile) Lead. In addition to building, optimizing and securing environments, you also manage the Cloud environments at our existing customers and you handle incidents and changes at 3rd line support.
In this role you are the point of contact for customers and colleagues and you work closely with the Service Delivery Manager to further optimize the services provided for your customers. From such a role it is possible to grow into Cloud Architect or Technical Consultant.
What we’re looking for
You will immediately start working at Macaw for customers such as Heineken, Menzis and Volkswagen. You will be trained on-the-job in combination with following courses. You bring the following knowledge and experience:
- HBO thinking level through education and/or experience
- 5 years of work experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Azure DevOps experience is important here
- You are familiar with Agile/Scrum way of working Powershell and ARM knowledge is key
- Knowledge of Bicep is a plus
- The certifications below are “nice to haves” or you are willing to obtain them:
- You have strong communication skills and you know how to articulate technical solutions in an understandable way
- You are service-oriented and think in solutions
- Macaw is “people centric” and that includes a team player
What can you expect from Macaw?
We are an official Great Place to Work. Our culture is characterized by our core values; excellent quality of our Microsoft and Sitecore services, passion, innovation, ownership and honesty. Macaw has been a multiple Gold Partner of Microsoft for years and has various Microsoft Advanced Specialization titles. We can offer almost all Microsoft solutions, with extensive technical support.
Macaw offers a pleasant working environment with a lot of attention for people. Our People Managers’ core task is to support you in your development, both technically and personally. You can also count on:
- An informal, social and fun team to work with and share knowledge
- Flexibility in planning your work. It’s not about control; it’s about the execution and the result
- The freedom to optimize processes. Let’s learn from each other and ideas are valued
- An appropriate salary, depending on your knowledge and experience within the domain
- You will have access to your own training budget and plenty of room for development and growth objectives
- Contribution in study days so that you also get the time to follow the training and, for example, visit a webinar
- Flexible working hours (32-40) that you can fill in hybrid
- Mobility budget that you can spend as you wish
- If you do come to the office, we will prepare a delicious lunch for you
- You will receive an allowance to create a nice workplace at home too
- A laptop and mobile phone that you can also use privately
- We offer 29 vacation days per year and 8.5% vacation allowance.
- In addition, it is possible to buy 10 additional vacation days
- An exceptionally good pension scheme
- Do you want to relax in the office? Start a battle at our pool table or Xbox 1