Vacancy: Cloud Architect
Location: At one of our Macaw offices (Hoofddorp, Barendrecht or Apeldoorn), from home and at our customers (when possible again)
Number of hours: 32 – 40 hours
You guide our customers in their transition to a modern IT environment, helping them to take an essential step in their digital transformation.
What you do as a Cloud Architect
In this role you help organizations with their challenges for a digital transformation to the Azure Cloud. You work together with a team of Cloud Engineers to convert cloud strategies into a concrete design (well architected) and concrete product (operational excellence platform). You ensure that the basics are in order first by going through a cloud adoption process. Think of the application of governance, management and security standards. Together with the cloud competence team, you onboard the business applications on the foundation. In many cases you can fall back on internally developed best practices, platform extensions and standards. Azure is developing at a fast pace, so you are always innovative. Those are the moments when you can make a difference for the customer and Macaw.
In the role of Cloud architect you work proactively and independently. You regularly give a presentation or do a workshop to arrive at decision-making. You are part of the international competence team ‘cloud and infrastructure,’ in which sharing knowledge and collaboration are central. In this team you work on your own development and that of your colleagues, in the way that best suits you and your ambition. You work for Macaw’s diverse, international clients and the types of projects that are realized are diverse.
What we’re looking for
You will immediately start working at Macaw for customers including Menzis, Prosus and De Heus and Volkswagen. You will be trained on-the-job in combination with following courses. You bring the following knowledge and experience with you:
- HBO thinking level through education and/or experience
- About 2 years of work experience as a Cloud Architect in Azure or similar as IT Consultant
- Have already worked as a Cloud Engineer in a Microsoft environment for at least 5 to 7 years
- Knowledge of a DevOps way of working and working in Agile team
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft technologies, specialized in IT infrastructure, networks and identity management. Both hybrid and cloud native
- You achieved the AZ 303 and AZ 304 certificates and certificates such as AZ 500, AZ 104, AZ 140 and SC 200 are an advantage
- Knowledge of ARM and Bicep templates with a Git repo is a plus
- You have strong communication skills and you know how to translate technical solutions into solutions in an understandable way
- You are commercial, service-oriented and think in solutions
- Macaw is “people centric” and that includes being a team player
- You are an inspiration and you get energy from informing, advising and enthusing others about the Microsoft Cloud
- You have experience in advising at senior management and/or C-level level Language skills in both English and Dutch are at business level
What can you expect from Macaw?
We are an official Great Place to Work. Our culture is characterized by our core values; excellent quality of our Microsoft and Sitecore services, passion, innovation, ownership and honesty. Macaw has been a multiple Gold Partner of Microsoft for years and has various Microsoft Advanced Specialization titles. We can offer almost all Microsoft solutions, with extensive technical support.
Macaw offers a pleasant working environment with a lot of attention for people. Our People Managers’ core task is to support you in your development, both technically and personally. You can also count on:
- An informal, social and fun team to work with and share knowledge
- Flexibility in planning your work. It’s not about control; it’s about the execution and the result
- The freedom to optimize processes. Let’s learn from each other and ideas are valued
- An appropriate salary, depending on your knowledge and experience within the domain
- You will have access to your own training budget and plenty of room for development and growth objectives
- Contribution in study days so that you also get the time to follow the training and, for example, visit a webinar
- Flexible working hours (32-40) that you can fill in hybrid
- Mobility budget that you can spend as you wish
- If you do come to the office, we will prepare a delicious lunch for you
- You will receive an allowance to create a nice workplace at home too
- A laptop and mobile phone that you can also use privately
- We offer 29 vacation days per year and 8.5% vacation allowance.
- In addition, it is possible to buy 10 additional vacation days
- An exceptionally good pension scheme
- Do you want to relax in the office? Start a battle at our pool table or Xbox 1